3) The frequent alterations in the antigenic structures of respiratory viruses, particularly for RNA viruses, pose difficulties in production of effective vaccines."
4) What is an RNA virus?
5) RNA in simple terms is a messenger that goes all over the body. It's like if someone cyberattacks your computer's operating system.
6) Once the virus starts replicating the computer goes haywire, it infects everything.
(Two notes: 1) I am not a doctor 2) I do believe in sticking with natural remedies written up in the medical literature if possible)
7) The goal here is to stop the attacking particle from sticking to your RNA (ribonucleic acid) AND ALSO to stop your body from having an inflammatory response, which means it goes haywire, and actually starts attacking itself in an attempt to defend itself.
8) The NIH study acknowledges that medicines are often not readily available and haven't been throughout history, so what have people done instead?
11) "Several herbal remedies were used for prevention and treatment viral respiratory illnesses...effective...maoto, licorice roots, antiwei, North American ginseng, berries, Echinacea, plants extracted carnosic acid, pomegranate, guava tea, and Bai Shao. "
12) "There is scientific evidence regarding the effectiveness of several complementary therapies for colds. Oral zinc may reduce the length and severity of a cold. Taking vitamin C supplements on a regular basis only slightly reduces the length and severity of colds."
13) "Probiotics were found better than placebo in reducing the number episodes of acute upper respiratory tract infections, the rate of episodes of acute upper respiratory tract infection and reducing antibiotic use."
14) IMPORTANT "Alkaline diets or drinks might have antiviral properties as in vitro [in the lab] studies demonstrated inactivation effect of alkaline medium on respiratory virus."
15) "Earthing might have a natural anti-inflammatory effect for human body." - as in walking on the
16) "It is now accepted that an overwhelming inflammatory response is the cause of human deaths from avian H5N1 influenza infection."
17) "Earthing accelerates immune response following vaccination, as demonstrated by increases of gamma globulin concentration."
18) IMPORTANT "No in vivo [on humans] or clinical studies were found that investigate the role of alkalization or earthing on respiratory viral infections.
Thus, future studies are recommended to reveal any potential curative effects."
19) Natural approaches are all important because the specific illness varies in each case: "The frequent alterations in the antigenic structures of respiratory viruses, particularly for RNA viruses, pose difficulties in production of effective vaccines."
20) So you have to understand the PRINCIPLES behind staying well and getting well, and apply them as best you can, your mileage may vary, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author's own. Public domain.