6)"Specifically, the anti-bribery provisions of the FCPA prohibit the willful use of...any means of instrumentality of interstate commerce corruptly in furtherance of any offer, payment...or anything of value to any person,"
7) "while knowing that all or a portion of such money or thing of value will be offered, given or promised, directly or indirectly, to a foreign official to influence the foreign official in his or her official capacity"
8) "induce the foreign official to do or omit to do an act in violation of his or her lawful duty, or to secure any improper advantage in order to assist in obtaining or retaining business for or with, or directing business to, any person."
10) More importantly, how did what happened in Ukraine violate the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act?
11) Oleg Tsarev (Tsaryov): "The Ukraine has a few midsize deposits of natural gas, sufficient for domestic household consumption. The cost of its production was quite low; and the Ukrainians got used to pay pennies for their gas."
12) "Actually, it was so cheap to produce that the Ukraine could provide all its households with free gas for heating and cooking, just like Libya did.
"Despite low consumer price, the gas companies (like Burisma) had very high profits and very little expenditure."
13) "After the 2014 coup, IMF [International Monetary Fund] demanded to raise the price of gas for the domestic consumer to European levels, and the new president Petro Poroshenko obliged them. The prices went sky-high."
16) "Burisma Gas company had to pay extortion money to the president Poroshenko."
"Eventually its founder...decided to invite some important Westerners into the company’s board of directors hoping it would moderate Poroshenko’s appetites."
17) "He had brought in Biden’s son Hunter, John Kerry, Polish ex-President Kwasniewski; but it didn’t help him."
18) "Poroshenko became furious that the fattened calf may escape him, and asked the Attorney General Shokin to investigate Burisma trusting some irregularities would emerge."
19) "AG Shokin immediately discovered that Burisma had paid these ‘stars’ between $50-150,000 per MONTH, EACH, just for being on the list of directors.
"This is illegal by the Ukrainian tax code; it can’t be recognised as legitimate expenditure."
20) "At that time Biden the father entered the fray. He called Poroshenko and gave him six hours to close the case against his son. Otherwise, one billion dollars of the US taxpayers’ funds won’t pass to the Ukrainian corruptioners."