4) This is actually an important correction - the "FBI Insider" wrote on July 2, 2016 -- and the blog post about it was July 10, 2016.
5) Now in 2016, during the election, many people criticized the so-called "pizzagate" theorists, not because child trafficking doesn't exist (it does) but because they felt that supporters of one candidate exploited it to attack a certain political party unfairly.
6) But there was also this idea, this kind of deep-rooted disbelief, about how bad child sex trafficking actually is. "Fact checkers" would say that the numbers couldn't be proven, and were probably not so bad; so-called "cool" writers would talk about "satanic panic."
7) If you step back from partisanship and elections for a minute, you quickly see that such disbelief has no basis in fact. I don't want to spend a lot of time running links down, but we know that in ancient times, children (infants) were sacrificed en masse to "Moloch" --
8) -- and that this was a ritual meant to increase one's potency in war. The Bible refers to Moloch worship over and over again.
9) Fast forward to modern times, & a number of documentaries, movies and TV shows have covered how @DHSgov, @ICEgov, @CBP, @FBI are disrupting child sex trafficking networks and sex tourism, for example in Thailand.
12) "The missing children in Chhattisgarh represent a small percentage of the estimated 135,000 children believed to be trafficked in India every year. Yet the rate at which they are going missing from remote villages in the south of the state is causing alarm."
13) "Between 2011 and 2013, more than 10,500 children were registered as missing from...Chhattisgarh, one of India’s poorest states. The majority are believed to have been trafficked out of the state and into domestic work or other forms of child labour in cities."
14) June 20, 2019 "The US State Department designated Saudi Arabia as one of the world's worst countries in the struggle against human trafficking....not...able to "fully meet the minimum standards...& not making significant efforts to do so".
16) "It is where one accuser claimed in court papers that Epstein and Prince Andrew had an orgy with nine girls — which the royal strenuously denies — while another accuser said she tried to swim shark-infested waters to escape being repeatedly raped by Epstein."
17) November 30, 2019 - "Jeffrey Epstein, Blackmail and a Lucrative ‘Hot List’"
"A shadowy hacker claimed to have the financier’s sex tapes. Two top lawyers wondered: What would the men in those videos pay to keep them secret?"
23) "China’s ambassador to the U.K., Liu Xiaoming, has denied a BBC investigation’s findings, which concluded that Muslim children in the Uighur-majority region of western Xinjiang are being systematically separated from their parents."
24) "The extensive investigation, commissioned by the BBC and led by leading German researcher Adrian Zenz, has found that more than 400 Uighur children in a single township have lost both their parents to prison or China’s vast network of internment camps."
25) Original story: "China Muslims: Xinjiang schools used to separate children from families," By John Sudworth, BBC News, Xinjiang
32) "Paid in children" - what happens when technology makes it possible to mass-produce children in laboratories, and they are farmed out by the thousands to the highest bidder, for any purpose that is wanted?
33) The answer is that world war happens, either between corrupt factions each wanting to control the market in children, or between the "white hats" (who will rescue the children) and the "black hats" (who will sell them).
This is the subject of this week's Torah reading.
34) "Toldos" tells the story of Rebecca as the bearer of twins.
41) So the question arises - the most horrific thing in the world is child sex trafficking ("paid in children,") and yet the Bible is the holiest thing in the world, so how can you possibly suggest that being granted offspring has any remote connection to evil?
42) Without even referring to the text, the general answer is that "as above, so below" and vice versa...everything good can be disgraced, and everything disgraced can be made good...God works through sinners very often.
This is a whole long thing...maybe let's discuss it.
43) Have patience please.
44) The entire point of the world is the revelation of God.
As such all evil only exists to reveal the good.
I drew this up on the front and back of an index card yesterday.
You can see that there is good, and then evil springs up against it.
45) It is a common misconception that evil exists separate from good, but the reality is that evil is owned (fully owned) by good and only exists for the purpose of testing us.
46) This explains how Rebecca, a holy woman, could house the depths of evil in her womb along with the depths of greatness.
47) It also provides the hint that in the end, Esau (the bad son) will turn his seemingly evil self, energies, powers and armies to good - and will assist in the redemption of the world.
Let's explore this.
48) We've reached 48 tweets.
Let's call this Part I, and focus Part II on Tikkun Olam (the rectification of the world) and how it may manifest itself through Esau.
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author's own. Public domain.