19) “The inverted pentagram came to have its own distinctive meaning as a sign of evil –
especially after the publication of famed French occultist Lévi Éliphas publication of Transcendental Magic, its Doctrine and Ritual in 1854:”
20) “A reversed pentagram, with two points projecting upwards, is a symbol of evil and attracts sinister forces because it overturns the proper order of things and demonstrates the triumph of matter over spirit.”
21) “It is the goat of lust attacking the heavens with its horns, a sign execrated by initiates.”
25) “It has always been present in this industry because those who seek power in our world have long recognized that television, film and music are the most efficient and important roadways into the public psyche and the collective conscience.”
27) Now God was well aware that people worshiped the stars. He is also well aware that people strive after material wealth. And even after the wondrous events of the Bible...they still fall astray.
So again - why tell Abraham his children will be “like the stars” in #?
28) More than this - because it is not accidental - God actually tells him to “count the stars, if you can.”
29) The answer is that if we only open our ears to listen, God speaks directly to our deepest fears.
30) Here, God is reassuring Abraham in a much deeper way than it appears on the surface.
He is NOT saying to count the celestial bodies — in the way that the sorcerers did.
31) God is saying - I know that you, Abraham are afraid that you made a big mistake.
Count every star, if you can — you think the whole occult-worshiping world is against you.
I WILL MAKE YOU THAT AND MORE.
32) God is saying - these people who worship the stars, they are so limited and dumb.
They mistake the intermediary for the origin - but because of your faith, you cannot even imagine the blessings in store for you.
33) And if you think all this is obvious, is it really?
People literally still worship the stars.
34) With the following verse, 15:6, we see that the true message was received. “And he believed in the Lord” - not “believed the Lord,” but rather “believed IN,” meaning that the man walked with his Creator no matter what the Creator would have said.
35) At that point Abraham is ready to accept both parts of the blessing. God gives to Abraham the land of Israel, for a subset of his children, the Jewish people, but on one condition — “and I will be to them for a God.” (Gen. 17:8)
“I will be to them for a God — not the stars.”
36) The seal of that covenant, to attain the land, is not only mental (subservience to God).
It is PHYSICAL - the males are, essentially upon birth, cut in a way that “brands” them as God-worshipers.
The males must
37) All throughout the Bible, over and over again, we see God’s singular focus on us expressed in physical terms that UNDERMINE the occultists.
As they worship stars - look at the stars and know you will win.
As they use lust to recruit members - cut yourself first, for Me.
18) This is the powerful message of God’s focus on the stars.
As scared as we are, and as powerful as they may seem, with the right focus and commitment, nothing can get in the way of what’s promised.
To all who truthfully believe in Him.
*last one = 38. Typo.
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author's own. Public domain.