12) But the cakes come in a very skinny box, so I got 2 (how many guests will be at this thing?) and it was a LOT of money.
I called my mother:
"It's almost SHABBOS! Get home right now!"
13) So I get home, holding the shopping bags, tired from work, fed up from the whole thing, worried that the cakes won't be good, not sure how to bring them (in a box? really?) and so I am totally overwrought.
14) I open the door and there's....like...even more stuff to do.
Which prompts me to basically put my hands over my ears and say:
NOBODY TELL ME ANYTHING I AM DONE BLA BLA BLA
15) What happened, in that moment, was that
16) In that moment when you forget yourself,
When you forget who you are,
When you forget where you are,
When you are so FLOODED with IMMEDIATE emotion,
17) You forget that a Shabbos lunch isn't the biggest deal in the world.
You forget that you've been a guest many times before.
And you forget that everything will in the end be okay...well, probably.
18) As it turned out the lava cakes were a big hit.
19) The purpose of history -- and why history cannot be told slowly or superficially -- is that history is the process of
20) So if I have to tell (learn) this story in 100 parts,
SO THE HELL BE IT.
21) Because the future isn't going to make any sense unless we understand the past.
22) The next topic we will study, with God's help, is the history of Rome where Rome conquers Israel.
We are going to look at what happened when the Romans stole the Jewish sacred objects.
We are going to look at what happened when the Romans became Christians.
23) We are going to understand the development of the Roman Catholic Church.
We are going to focus on the Romans, not like a dissertation, but to understand what happened with the Catholics, and how the Jesuits were founded.
We need to get to the 19th-20th-21st centuries
24) And I will do my best to stay grounded, focused, and centered on the question of how corrupt elements of the Church intersect with corrupt elements of the Jewish people and where the defilement of children and use of sacred objects fits in.
25) More later - have a great day(End.)
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author’s own. Public domain.