9) This is the phenomenon of the self-hating Jew, and also the Jew who simply falls by the wayside into lust, greed, etc.
10) Isaiah 10:22 - "Destruction is decreed."
11) Isaiah 10:21-22 - "a remnant will return"
"21 A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God. 22 For though your people Israel be as the sand of the sea, only a remnant of them will return."
12) I know that Isaiah 53 refers to God's suffering servant. Jews interpret this servant to mean the body of the faithful Jewish people, while Christians interpret it to mean Jesus. My intention here is only to present the Jewish perspective.
23) If you read the text, God's intervention came in the form of the king favoring Esther.
He saw Haman imploring Esther, and took it the wrong way, and Haman (and his sons) were hanged on their own gallows (built to kill Jews).
24) If you read the Scroll of Esther, the Jews still had to go to war against the Persians, because despite Haman's hanging, there was a decree against them, and there was no choice about this.
25) I don't know what is written on that decree today.
I do know that we are in some way jeopardized by what is written on it.
And that a battle lies ahead which will be very dangerous.
May God save us.
May He have mercy on all who are righteous.
Missing some Tweet in this thread?
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author's own. Public domain. You can also read this thread online here.