"Where we go one we go all" is not only a rallying cry but a fact of existence.
We can go together to the pit of hell.
We can go together to the gates of Heaven.
11) The promise of Redemption is tied to the manner in which we treat other people.
It is tied to the way in which we handle money.
12) “When you have finished paying all the tithe of your produce in the third year, which is the year of tithing, giving it to the Levite, the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, so that they may eat within your towns and be filled--" (Deut. 12:12)
13) The promise of Redemption is tied to the commitment we make to honor God, and do good things because God says so, and not because we put ourselves above His will.
14) "--then you shall say before the Lord your God, ‘I have removed the sacred portion out of my house, and moreover, I have given it to the Levite, the sojourner, the fatherless, and the widow, according to all your commandment that you have commanded me." (Deut. 12:13)
15) We will come before God and we will ask that He bless us because we have honored Him.
This is an important concept -- it's a scary world -- serve God and no other.
"I have not transgressed any of your commandments, nor have I forgotten them." (Deut. 12:13)
16) We are judged by our willingness to take action when logic dictates otherwise. There is no financial benefit in helping the destitute.
17) "I have obeyed the voice of the Lord my God. I have done according to all that you have commanded me."
"look down from your holy habitation, from heaven, and bless your people Israel and the ground that you have given us."
18) Now what happens if we don't listen?
19) Let's lay out a couple of examples of what "not listening" looks like.
20) “‘who makes a carved or cast metal image, an abomination to the Lord, a thing made by the hands of a craftsman, and sets it up in secret." (secretly worshiping Moloch and pretending to be a good Jew) Deut. 27:15
21) “who dishonors his father or his mother." - Deut. 27:16
22) "who causes a blind person to go astray" - Deut. 27:8 (obviously literally or figuratively, like tricking people who couldn't know any better)
23) "who lies with the wife of his fatherl...with his sister, the daughter of his father or the daughter of his mother" (Deut. 27:20,22)
24) "who kills his neighbor in secret....who takes a bribe to kill a person of innocent blood" (Deut. 27:24-25)
25) Living in the Land, in blessing, is not a right but a privilege. Failure to obey means certain reversal of fate.
26) We need to hear this, really hear it so please bear with me.
27) The beginning of Deuteronomy, Chapter 28 really lays it out. If you listen to God, you will be fine. Just listen to Him - serve Him - serve no other.
28) Note the emphasis on monotheism. There is nothing here about crazy religious fundamentalist stuff.
"and shalt not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right hand, or to the left, **to go after other gods to serve them.**" (Deut.28:14)
29) But if you don't listen.
30) What happens to a Nation that loses God's protection?
31) What happens when God walks away? Who pays?
32) What happens to the women? I HEAR THEIR SCREAMS
33) I am crying with them.
40) Where is God in this place? we ask It is we who have forsaken Him.
41) The curses are horrific. "But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all His commandments and His statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee."(DeuwV4HfpZsWR
42) "Cursed shalt thou be in the city, and cursed shalt thou be in the fieW69BeAg7QK
43) "Cursed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy land, the increase of thy kine, and the young of thy flock." (DeuAOH46yVzwl
44) "The LORD will make the pestilence cleave unto thee, until He have consumed thee from off the land....will smite thee with consumption, and with fever, & with inflammation, and with fiery heat, & with drought, and with blasting, and with mildew." (Deut. 28:21-22)
45) "The LORD will cause thee to be smitten before thine enemies.... The LORD will smite thee with madness.... Thou shalt betroth a wife, and another man shall lie with her..." (Deut. 28:25-30)
46) "Thy sons and thy daughters shall be given unto another people, and thine eyes shall look, and fail with longing for them all the day; and there shall be nought in the power of thy hand." (Deut. 28:32)
47) Are we not seeing all those curses today? Happening not just to one people, but to many, all around the world?
48) Now let's stop
49) Because God has promised a return from this fate.
50) We learn: "The salvation of God comes in the blink of an eye."
ישועת השם כהרף עין
53) GOD NEEDS TO HEAR YOU SAY IT: I BELIEVE!!!!!!!
54) WE ARE MEANT TO LIVE IN GOD’S LIGHT, IN VICTORY
55) We are meant to live in a state of unlimited prosperity.
56) Unconditional love
57) Peace, and happiness
58) Peace on Earth.
59) All we need to do is believe in ourselves—use our power to choose right from wrong in our limited stay on the planet.
60) Each can serve God according to their way.
61) What if we all prayed to God, as part of ordinary life?
62) What if we decided that blaspheming God’s name just isn’t marketable anymore?
63) What if we had the guts to choose the right thing over that which is convenient?
64) We had the power in our hands all along... otherwise WTH are we doing here on Twitter?
65) Behold we have reached the dawn of a new day.
66) “Arise! Shine!” (Isaiah 60:1)
67) “For your light has arrived, and the glory of HaShem (the Name; God) has shined upon you.
Darkness shall cover the earth, and dense cloud the kingdoms; but upon you shall shine HaShem, and His glory shall be seen upon you.” (Isaiah 60:1-2)
68) “The smallest shall increase a thousandfold, and the least into a mighty nation.” (Isaiah 60:22)
69) “I am HaShem.” (Isaiah 60:22)
70) “In its time I will hasten it.” (Isaiah 60:22)
Redemption will come no matter what. That’s a promise.
The better we act, the faster and easier it will be.
By Dr. Dannielle Blumenthal. All opinions are the author's own. Public domain.