Going forward (Volume II), I want to make clear my intention in writing about branding. Following are the basic areas of interest:
- How branding works - essentially the principles or dynamics of branding
- How branding creates economic value - the economic aspects of brand equity
- How branding affects us psychologically - impact on consciousness as individuals, consumers, workers
- How branding affects or could affect the work site - opportunities gained or missed, the interplay with organizational dynamics
- Analysis of decisions that companies and other organizations make about their brands -- good, bad, or indifferent
- Predictions about where brands are going, connecting with with social trends
- The impact of communication technologies and trends on branding, particularly social media and transparency
- The inherent contradictions and paradoxes that crop up with all of the above
- Looking broadly, the big-picture connections between the topics above.
Should be an interesting journey.