* Don't fall for drama. Stay even-keeled.
* Don't jump to conclusions especially about others' intentions toward you. Ask directly if possible but not in an attacking way.
* Communication is symbolic as well as literal. Understand when your words and deeds may be misunderstood because of their symbolic value.
* Look at people's true intentions.
* Read interactions not just actions. Study the dynamic.
* There is no such thing as an unimportant detail. If something strikes you as off, it is.
* Respect the desire to not be bombarded with useless information. Offer value and don't make your listener sift the wheat from the chaff.
* Somebody stopped to help you today. Say thank you.