If you're a busy person like I am, you don't have time to look high and low for fashion statements. Get these 5 things.
1. Blazer - tailored - this should be the item you focus on most - go anywhere for inspiration
2. Pants - long and a bit loose - I like Banana Republic Martin Fit
3. Shirt - white - collared or a T - I like Banana Republic
4. Earrings - the bigger the better - I like H&M
5. Shoes - black, well-cared for - I wear black men's construction shoes from Wal-Mart actually!
Remember - it's not about paying a lot of money, but make sure that your clothes:
* Fit you well (not too tight or too loose)
* Are clean and well-pressed
Finally, don't forget good grooming. Great resources for this include Target and CVS...you don't have to break the bank.