30 Ways To Get People Talking
Photo by Martin via Flickr
- Advice, especially "insider"
- Before and after - e.g. a dramatic makeover of one's life or looks
- "Caught on tape"- video, audio - funny, unusual, extreme, tragic
- Celebrity-related, including business leaders, politicians, religious figures
- Connect disparate people around an issue or interest
- Craziness, how insane or disturbed people think
- Eternal love and/or doomed romance
- Extreme, unusual or unpopular culture or point of view
- Fun facts, statistics, etc.
- Gender-specific or debating issues related to gender
- Honesty, preferably unusually raw
- Inspiration, e.g. a quotable quote
- Moral dilemma
- Physical or emotional struggle
- Rebellion against dictatorship, breaking free from ordinary existence
- Safe topic for the watercooler
- Secrets - reveal something previously hidden
- Surprise - tell us something we wouldn't have believed was true, or show us a photo of something unusual
- Travel-related - show us another part of the world
What would you add to the list?
* All opinions my own.