If Elvis can do it, so can you. Photo by me.
1. Reframe: Use your mind to understand your situation differently and in a positive way, as an opportunity to learn and grow. For example a bad job appraisal or termination - take it as feedback to advance you to the next job opportunity.
2. Reinvent: Take a familiar situation or experience and turn it into a new one. For example a job that has become routine - learn a new skill and transform your responsibilities.
3. Repurpose: Take a familiar tool and use it for something completely different. Start a different kind of blog. Turn a magazine into wallpaper. Turn an apple into a self-contained pie shell (seen on Lifehacker.)
4. Reimagine: Be extraordinarily creative, forget the past and don't accept limits, dream and do what you never dreamt possible.
5. Regenerate: Take time out to do things just for you, for fun, with no "productive" end.